Photography allows you to capture life’s beautiful moments. Capturing the best moment depends on your accessories besides your camera. 3-point slingers add flexibility and comfort while carrying around your camera or taking your shots. There are many options to choose from while shopping for your camera’s 3-point slinger. Continue reading to learn more about the best 10 3- point slinger for the camera you should look out for.
What is a 3-point Slinger for Camera?
A 3-point slinger for a camera is a carefully designed strap that connects to the base where the tripod plate attaches to your camera. It then goes over the shoulder and rests on your body. It’s known as a 3-point slinger because of how the slings attach to your body.
Factors to Consider when Buying a 3 Point Slinger for Camera
It would be best to look out for the following when buying a camera’s 3-point slinger.
Size of the Camera
The camera you plan to use is the most significant factor to consider. If your camera is smaller, go for one with fewer features. If you have a heavier camera, go for a more robust and tougher slinger.
Cameras weigh about 1.5 to 2.5 pounds, meaning they can be heavy while carrying around. Therefore, if you’re choosing a 3-point slinger for your camera, look for one with adjustable padded straps, depending on your comfort level.
You should look for value in the kind of slinger you decide to buy. A slinger selling at a high price doesn’t necessarily mean it’s the best choice. All you have to do is look for a slinger that serves you best, depending on the nature of your photography.
Look for a 3-point slinger that can accommodate accessories like batteries, extra lenses, or another camera. This eliminates the need for different carriers for every accessory you bring along.
How you dress plays a significant role in the comfort level of using your 3-point slinger. Remember, you will spend most of your time with the camera, and not all materials go well with your clothing. Therefore, pick a sling with a style and material that goes well with your dressing.
Look for a sling made of sturdy materials like polyester and nylon. Otherwise, if you choose a flimsy material, it can snap anytime, drop and damage your camera.
Advantages of a 3-Point Slinger for Camera
Below are some of the advantages that come with using a 3-point slinger for your camera.
Makes It Easy to Carry Your Camera and Accessories
Whether carrying a heavy DSLR camera or different accessories, a 3-point slinger will help you take your gear safely and efficiently.
Keeps the Camera out of Your Way
A conventional camera strap will make your camera swing about. However, a 3-point slinger keeps your gear firmly to your side or back.
Allows for Fast Action
A 3-point slinger makes it easier to quickly slide the camera to the desired position and take the shot faster.
Keeps Your Hands Free for other Activities
With the 3-point slinger holding your gear firmly, you can easily engage in any other activities without putting your camera in danger.
How to Use a 3 Point Slinger for Camera
Using a 3-point slinger for a camera is simple. However, some options may be challenging, especially those with several attached carriers. Here are the general steps of using the slinger:
- Place the strap over your head while keeping the pad on your shoulder.
- Lock the buckle and adjust the strap to tighten or loosen.
- Screw the base of the strap to the bottom of the camera.
- Lock the safety strap to the camera and then the carabiner to the strap.
- Adjust the central strap to the desired position.
10 best 3 Point Slinger for Camera
There is a variety of 3-point slinger for cameras. Here is a list of the best 10 3-point slingers you should consider buying:
1. Ocim 3-Point Slinger
The Ocim 3-point slinger is made for both men and women. It has a safety strap attached to your camera and the sling strap, holding it firmly in place. It also has a robust, adjustable shoulder strap and a padded shoulder pad for comfort.
Ocim 3-point slinger material also keeps water from accessing your gear. It has an underarm strap that prevents the shoulder pad from sliding off and makes it easier to carry any camera. It is compatible with various DSLR cameras with a quarter-inch tripod stud screw.
- It excellent for small cameras
- It comes with a safety rope
- It’s affordable
- It’s lightweight and durable
- It has quick release system
- The strap is not that comfortable
- It’s not suitable for larger DSLR cameras
2. BlackRapid 3-Point Slinger
The BlackRapid 3-point slinger has different variations, one with a regular shoulder strap and another for active photographers. It has a 4-inch-wide, breathable shoulder pad making it one of the most comfortable slingers on the list.
It also has a 65-inch-long adjustable shoulder strap and allows quick and easy camera access. The BlackRapid hybrid version is the most versatile option. It can accommodate different DSLR cameras.
- It comes in different variations
- Made of quality materials
- It has a pate on the carabiner to restrict movement
- It makes it easy to access your camera
- It comes in the right- or left-handed options
- It’s quite expensive
- It doesn’t have a safety cable
- People have complained of the harness coming off and damaging the camera.
3. Waka Rapid 3-Point Slinger
The Waka Rapid 3-slinger is an excellent alternative to the BlackRapid slinger. It offers more features for a fraction of the price. It comes with an anti-falling buckle that connects with the strap. The strap is reinforced anti-slip material meant to last long and remain comfortable.
It also has a storage pouch for extra batteries or memory cards and a quick-release feature. The slinger is compatible with EOS Nikon and Cannon models.
- It’s made of quality materials
- It comes with additional storage options
- It has its tripod screw socket
- It has anti-slip padding
- It has a safety harness
- It’s affordable
- The strap is bulky
- The strap does not hold the camera firmly in place
4. Peak Design Camera Slinger
Peak Design Camera Slinger offers the best slinger regarding durability and safety. Its solid and durable straps can hold 200 pounds, making the slinger suitable for photographers with heavy lenses. It also has several cord hooks that secure the camera firmly and comes with padded shoulder pads for comfort.
- Excellent for carrying large cameras
- It comes with a camera bag
- It works great with a quarter tripod stud screw
- It has rigid, durable straps
- It has two straps for additional security.
- Expensive as some models go for $100
- Has no storage option
- The strap is bulky
- It’s not comfortable
5. USA GEAR TrueSHOT
USA GEAR TrueSHOT is also known for its colorful look and underarm strap. It also has a tripod thread meaning you can use your camera while still hooked. The strap comes with two pockets and slings making it more versatile for different situations. It has a padded strap that makes it easy to carry your gear and is compatible with many DSLR and mirrorless cameras.
- The strap is very comfortable for your shoulders and neck
- Has different storage options
- The strap is affordable
- It holds the camera firmly
- Has no quick release option
- The attachment clip is insecure
- Questionable quality
6. PiuQ 3-Point Slinger for Camera
The piuQ 3-point slinger shares some similarities with the Ocim slinger but is more affordable. Its strap is durable and has an easy-to-use belt strap with a quarter-inch screw lock. Its strap has a length of 55 cm, is attached to a carabiner, and has a thickly padded shoulder pad for comfort. Its underarm strap makes it easy to hold and carry your camera. The slinger is compatible with any camera, making it ideal for other beginner photographers.
- It is the cheapest slinger on the list.
- It has a thick, air-meshed padded and under-arm strap for stability and comfort
- The screw-in eyelet has a rubberized base
- It has a decent strap length
- It does not have a security strap
- You have to remove the eyelet to use a tripod
- Poor quality hooks
FOTO&TECH slinger is good for heavy cameras since it has a weight rating of 300 kg. The strap also secures the camera by connecting it to a lockable carabiner. It also has a safety tether that keeps your camera safe from falling. The strap has breathable, comfortable padding and an underarm strap that helps stabilize the camera during shots. The slinger is compatible with a variety of cameras as well.
- The strap is affordable
- It has a durable, comfortable, padded strap
- It has an underarm strap for extra stability
- The strap is capable of holding 300kg
- Has no storage options
- The camera attachment occasionally unhooks
- You have to detach it from the eyelet to use a tripod.
8. Altura Camera Slinger
The Altura 3-point Slinger is known for its zipped pocket. The strap also has a rubber plate for holding the tripod screw. It also has an anti-slip feature under the shoulder pad, preventing slip accidents. The strap is also adjustable, light, and comfortable.
- The strap is made from durable materials
- It has positive ratings online
- The strap has universal adaptability
- The strap is affordable.
- It’s not suitable for smaller cameras
- It not comfortable
- The metal clips wear out quickly
9. Cotton Carrier Skout G2
The Cotton Carrier Skout G2 is a different type of 3-point slinger. Instead of dangling on the strap, it holds the camera on a padded chest piece. Its style of holding on to the camera makes it one of the most secure slingers on the list. Its shoulder pad is comfortable, making it easy to carry the camera around.
- The strap holds the camera firmly in place.
- It has an underarm strap to make it easier to carry the camera
- It’s very comfortable and has a premium feel.
- It’s easy to use the camera while on the chest piece
- It has a security strap
- It has positive reviews online
- The strap is expensive
10. BlackRapid Sport X Coyote
The Black RapidSport X Coyote 3-point slinger is a premium sporty version of the BlackRapid slinger. It has a strap that goes across the body and an underarm strap for extra stability. It also features a quick-release feature and an adjustable 65-inch strap. It also has a security tether that protects it from unforeseeable accidents.
- It has a long adjustable strap
- It has right and left-handed options
- It has spring bumper locks that connect to the carabiner.
- The strap has a safety harness
- It’s hard to justify its $78 price tag
- The carabiner quickly wears out
What is the best Camera 3-point slinger?
These camera slingers might have their strengths and weaknesses, but the Cotton Carrier Skout G2 is the best overall. The slinger is made from durable materials and is ergonomically designed to offer maximum comfort. Its design also makes it the safest strap for your camera.
Its strap comes in different sizes and can also carry a pair of binoculars, a drone, or your phone. It can hold all camera sizes comfortably too. The slinger might be one of the most expensive at $90, but you’d rather shell out for a costly strap than break a $1000 camera.
Take Your Photography to The Next Level with the Best 3-Point Slinger
It would help if you took care of your camera while taking your favorite shots. A 3-point slinger should be your priority when securing your most treasured camera. It also gives the flexibility to take your photos at any angle and with ease.
It’s a no-brainer that 3- point slingers are useful accessories for your photography journey. We hope this article and list of the best 3-point slingers will help you find the best fit for your camera.